Bookkeeper Position Description
Unity of Stuart is seeking an experienced part time Bookkeeper (approx. 15 hours/week) who is highly proficient with QuickBooks to perform the following functions:
- Maintaining the full cycle bookkeeping via QuickBooks (Desktop).
- Accounts Receivable will encompass accurately entering the weekly activities income as well as contributions for each congregant.
- Accounts Payable will encompass the processing of all accounts payable transactions including all bills and credit card charges, ACH payments, and internal transfers ensuring accuracy of each and proper classification.
- Annually create and distribute 1099’s.
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and bank accounts.
- Handle all areas of payroll within QuickBooks, including submitting monthly estimated taxes and W2’s.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial reports for Board of Directors
- Monthly prep and Import contributions into Breeze software.
- Preparing for and attending the annual meeting.
- Perform other general office duties as needed.
- Assist in areas of operation as requested by the Minister
Requirements and Qualifications:
- 2-3 Years’ experience in bookkeeping with an academic background in either finance, accounting or business management
- Excellent knowledge of QuickBooks Desktop software
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft products (Word/Excel) and Google applications/ drive
- Must be responsible and self-managed
- Must have excellent follow-up and tracking skills
- Must be detail oriented
*a background check is required for this position