An Update from Youth and Family Ministry Director
Welcome back to our older kiddos!
At this time, our nursery is still on hold and we are welcoming children aged 4 (pre-k) and up.
Our focus is getting reacquainted with the space, sacred circle flow and our Five Basic Unity Principles . We will be in the classroom for 45 minutes with our masks on and will then move to the patio for outdoor fellowship, games, snacks and being blessed in person! by our congregation.
Parents and caregivers please arrive a few minutes early to update registration paperwork and hear about our evolved program.
I am deeply encouraged by this next chapter and look forward to the fruition of an active spiritual sanctuary for our youth. Your continued support of the YFM program is appreciated and prized!
In loving service,
Our Youth and Family Ministry honors each child and family as a perfect expression of God! Each Sunday our classrooms are full of children and teens exploring Unity principles and teachings in a fun, engaging, safe, and interactive environment. Each classroom is staffed by a team of loving and dedicated volunteers who enthusiastically interact with the children to draw forth the spiritual truth that already resides within each child. And as any volunteer will tell you, the children end up drawing out new truths in us every Sunday too!
Sunday lessons focus on reinforcing the idea that God is with us, around us, everywhere present and that we are loved unconditionally. We also begin to establish a basic understanding of the Bible and how the stories in the Bible reflect Unity principles. Other sacred writings and contemporary children’s stories are also used. The children are encouraged to connect with their inner wisdom and to live the Truth they know.
At our 10:30 Service, we provide the following:
- Nursery (Infant - 2 yrs) A nurturing and loving environment for infants in which the first Unity principle they learn is that they are loved unconditionally.
- Toddlers (2 - 3 yrs) A fun environment for toddles in which they can begin to explore Unity principles through play and creativity.
- Preschool (4 - 5 yrs) Curricula designed to help young children begin to explore their spirituality.
- Lower and Upper Elementary (1st - 5th grades) Rotating curricula designed to teach Unity principles and provide opportunities to discuss and learn how these principles are active in their everyday lives and throughout the world.
- Uniteens (6th - 8th grades) Rotating curricula designed to tie in concepts such as self-image and peer pressure with Unity principles.
- Youth of Unity (Y.O.U) (9th - 12th grades) A unique curriculum in which each student gets the opportunity to lead lessons throughout the year. They also attend rallies and other events throughout the year.
Our co-founder Myrtle Fillmore heard Spirit asking this question, "Who will take care of the children?" Of course, her answer was "I will!"
Volunteer in our Youth and Family Ministry!